Perinatal Pelvic Floor Health Workshop
Are you pregnant, trying to conceive or within 1 year postpartum? This workshop is for you and it’s one you don’t want to miss!
Internationally, pelvic floor physical therapy is part of standard perinatal care but in America, many don’t even know it exists and are suffering needlessly because of it. The pelvic floor is a series of muscles which means symptoms related to pelvic floor dysfunction can be improved through conscious rehabilitation. Symptoms such as peeing yourself, pain with sex, pubic pain, tailbone pain, diastasis recti, low back pain and prolapse can all be resolved with proper guidance.
In this workshop, Jenny Putt PT (a pelvic floor physical therapist), gives an overview of what the pelvic floor is, how it works and how to improve the function of your pelvic floor no matter where you are at in the process of having a kid. She also addresses the following concerns,
- What to do about symptoms such as incontinence, prolapse, hemorrhoids and pain both in pregnancy and postpartum
- How to sleep comfortably
- When you can expect your body to feel normal again
- How to find your core
- What exercises to avoid during pregnancy and in postpartum
- How to make sex feel good again or even want it in the first place
And provides guidance in the following topics
- Preparing the body for labor and delivery*
- Labor and delivery positions and pushing strategies*
- Cesarean and perineal scars
- Baby ergonomics
- How to optimize your pelvic floor function during pregnancy
- How to make your postpartum recovery the quickest possible
- How to restore your pelvic floor
- Find your core and rebuild to be stronger than ever before
*these topics will be covered at the very end of the workshop when postpartum individuals will be dismissed and individuals who are trying to conceive or are pregnant will be asked to stay.
Class starts on (All times are in PST)
Sep 5, 2022 7:00 PM
Meets 1 week, 1x week for 90 minutes.
$ 25 USD
You will get a zoom link after you register