Are you a new or expectant mom who is looking for connection and support? Do you want to meet other new moms, feel confident in supporting your baby’s development and get information on common parenting concerns, while also learning how to get back to the activities you love?
Join us for Growing Together, a virtual mom & baby information and support group run by a licensed pediatric and maternal health occupational therapist! This innovative group is for moms-to-be in their second trimester onwards up until baby is 6 months old (or crawling). It includes:
- infant development and play for babies
- community building and self care (posture, ergonomics, stretches and breathing exercises) for moms
- addressing common parent concerns like teething, feeding issues, baby sleep, introducing solids and more
- getting moms back to the activities they love so they can feel like themselves again - this can include safe return to exercise, going back to work, or making time for realistic self care
- a safe and non-judgmental environment, where moms are free to share their thoughts and experiences
- weekly handouts, so that you can review the information at your own pace
- an in-built 'coffee and chat' week, where you can get to know the other moms in a relaxed environment
By the end of the seven week group series, you will feel confident in your parenting and how to support your baby's development, have a ready-made group of mom friends, and have the knowledge and skills to keep yourself well while you care for your baby. Here's what some of the participants have said about Growing Together group:
'I just want to express my gratitude for a wonderful class! Lisa, you have such an affirming way of responding to what everyone shared. I’m impressed that you could express such warmth and reassurance through the online format. I like that you took the time for everyone to do a genuine check-in. The follow up emails and handouts were really helpful, since I didn’t always have hands free to take notes. I will miss our mornings together!'
'Thank you so much for the wonderful class over the spring. It was perfect for my needs as a new mom, and I wish it was almost a requirement for new parents to have to take it.'
Google Meet class links will be provided via email, along with weekly email reminders and class summary notes.