- Pediatric sleep consultation
- Author of the book "The Helping Babies Sleep Method; The Art and Science of Teaching Your Baby to Sleep.
Helping Babies Sleep and Parents Thrive Package: 6 Months of Ongoing Support
Sleep, Feeding and Mindfulness for Parents Who Want the Very Best for Their Baby. From birth to 6 months your child is growing exponentially. Their sleep and feeding patterns will be changing monthly. Just when you think you've got it all figured out your child will have a growth spurt or neurological leap that will have you wondering what's happening and if there's anything more you could be doing to help your baby and yourself.
Who This Is For?
- Professional parents who want the very best for the baby, optimize the newborn stage and sleep like they did before they had kids
What You’ll Overcome
- Babies who will only sleep while being held
- Anxiety ridden self doubt, such as not knowing if something is “normal or not”
- Frequent night waking
- Spending tons of time making sleep happen
- Frustration or lack of ongoing support while breastfeeding
- Avoid common parenting pitfalls
- Be very in tune with your baby's needs
- Thrive rather than just survive the newborn stage
- 3 Home Visits between enrollment and 6 months.
- Unlimited voxer (voice messaging app) for any questions that come up with a maximum 12 hour response time
- One planned call per month to proactively work on feeding and sleep, go over upcoming changes, and any troubleshoot current challenges. Other phone calls added in on a needs basis.
- Each month you'll get a new napping and feeding schedules and sensory play ideas
- Hand holding during the 4 month sleep regression - ideally our gentle sleep shaping during the first 3 months will minimize the impact of the 4 month sleep regression.
- Breast and Bottle Feeding - For breastfed or bottle fed babies we will develop a feeding flow to your day to move food out of the night at the soonest appropriate time for your child, given your circumstances. Dr. Sarah is a lactation counselor and was a board member of the Mothers Milk Bank of San Jose for 4 years. Introduction to solids including feeding schedules and meal ideas also provided.
- Sleeping - Sleeping through the night as soon as physiologically possible. Understand sleep science, behavior and age appropriate milestones. Work on gentle newborn sleep shaping in the first 3 months to optimize sleep for the family and minimize the impact of the 4 month sleep regression. Have a clear understanding of sleep needs and schedules at each month of age.
- Sensory play - Optimize healthy development. Receive monthly suggestions on age appropriate sensory play activities to help your child thrive, and sleep well.
- Mindfulness - Address challenges and expectations that come up in your parenting journey and address them with mindful practices to minimize stress and conflict in your family and to enjoy parenthood to the fullest.
End goal: A loving, attached and well-rested 6 month old who sleeps through the night, has a predictable flow to her day. Parents who have thrived during this dynamic period, who have avoided common parenting pitfalls and who feel confident and equipped with tools to handle the upcoming developmental changes that can impact sleep and feeding.